2.28.2007

Rockin' Grannies

/

I keep reading everywhere that 30 is the new 13. I think that's some kind of TV show. And Jay-Z says 30 is the new 21. And Shia LaBeouf, or someone posing as him (see: celebrity myspace profiles. Also see: Things I feel but are too ridiculous to admit about young famous dudes, even here on the internet) claims that 20 is the new 17. People are writing articles about this shit all over the place (most commonly reffering to 30 being the new 21). It's everywhere. Something older is the new something younger.

Ok, yes America, let's do this. I am ON-board. Let's keep making it cooler to be older, because then, eventually, when I'm 45, it will be completely socially acceptable for me to have a burgeoning hip-hop career, a crappy part time job, hang overs from partying until 4 am, and a closet full of costume peices I regularly try to pass off as actual outfits. This is awesome! Because, if we keep going on at this rate, by the time I'm 45 it will be considered the new 34, which used to be the new 23, which is how old I am now, and essentially I'll never have to grow up! Awesome! Yes! Or, at least, I won't be so upset about getting older, and eventually becoming boring and unsightly to the youth of generations to come.

I am so into this trend I hope it never stops. Something young can never become the new something old. We can never look back. We have to keep making old things younger and younger. We have to!

And it sounds like I'm joking, but anyone who knows me is reading this right now and laughing because I couldn't be more excited to find out that 23 can be the new 15. YESSSSSSSSSS!

No comments: