2.07.2007

Dear Best Week Ever

Dear Weekday That bleeds Into the Next Weekday from the Last Weekday,

It blows my mind that it is this difficult to find a place to live in Brooklyn that has the following qualities:
A door
Walls
A ceiling
Enough room to stand
Enough room to hold your arms outstretched
People that actually like living with each other
People that are slightly awesome / of sound mind
My standards are not high, believe me. Be-lieve me.


Let it be said here, just this one time, to all 2 people in America that read this thing, that I am very skilled in the practice of hiding myself from other people and putting on a front that everything is perfectly alright, and I am the plucky, loud beast you know me to be. When, in fact, I am not at all. And when I choose to exercise this practice I am so good at it that even my closest friends, family, and, my highly trained therapist rarely-if ever-question me about it. I wish I was not so good at it. Though, it is a skill that gives me the grace of never having to talk about my problems. So. Let it be said that now may be a time to pick up this slightly retired practice, and I guess, by saying it on the internet, I have some kind of wish that someone would call me on my shit, because maybe, just maybe, they care. Otherwise, according to everyone else in the world, I'm just as fine as I was last week.
But let it also be said that I think I have come a long way with myself over the last seven months, and despite wherever I am emotionally, there are some things I cannot go back to doing. You will hopefully not see me starting arguments with strangers, drinking six days a week and getting so drunk I can't puke, hurting myself at parties and running around playing in the blood, crying in bodegas under flourescent lights at four in the morning, or, you know, other past choices I may have made. Because, although that version of me was fun as hell at parties, it wasn't all that pleasant. And, we all have to grow up someday. Plus, I'm still pretty fucking fun.

That said...

Back to the reliable playlist of songs that is always around whenever you "need" it.
No more using the "B" word.
Tuesday feels like Monday feels like Wednesday and even though I can sleep all the time I only have bad dreams and never really sleep.
Top Ramen is five for a dollar at C-Town and I am really hoping I don't get scurvy.
It is cold as balls outside. Cold. As. Balls. Just don't go outside. If you can avoid it, it's really not worth it.
Got the tooth extracted. Bizarre experience, but let me just say, there are some hot hot women training to be dentists at NYU. You go, ladies.
Finally spending adequate time with Foreign people. Well, maybe only one, but he accounts for at least a small village.
Trying to keep it fun. With the club.
Out of funny quips at the moment. And wishing I hadn't just used the word "quip".

This is what Julie did, which is amazing.

2 comments:

Starlet O'Hara said...

sorry about saying the word 'quip' are you? what are you trying to say, huh?


the things that will keep you beautiful and within a community of slightly awesome/of sound mind peoples are the things you are hiding behind the pluck. the things about you that are real are breathtaking.


otherwise, you have made some good decisions. your medical bills will be smaller, anyway.

Boobs Radley said...

adequite time with foreign people, huh? i hope you're teaching them how to bathe.