2.16.2007

Slow Friday

The only thing more boring than a slow Friday night, is a slow Friday night where you get dressed up to do something, but that / those something(s) turn out to be so uneventful that you don't even leave the house. I feel like that waitress in "It Could Happen To You", except instead of having Nicholas Cage walk in and give me a winning lottery ticket to brighten my spirits, I am drinking Coors Light and trekking to Manhattan to drink more expensive beer and scowl the entire night. Maybe this is God telling me to just go to sleep for once. If it is, the rebellious, angst-ridden 17 year old in me is going to have fun just to spite him. Or at least try. Also, I hate it when people call Nicholas Cage "Nic" Cage. Are you his personal friend? Didn't think so. Also, Face-Off is an American classic.

Also, I was listening to the SILO 2006 album for a hot minute today, and, fellas, I have some news for you. Playing a cd backwards and looping it over a track of another cd being played backwards in slow motion is not music. It is sounds, but it is not music. Yes, I might get the feeling I am in a cardboard tube floating underwater in a stream somewhere with slinkys tightly wrapped around my neck, but. I didn't. And, even if I had, I still say, not music. I realize half the people I know from Bennington would argue with me, but I don't understand your fancy terms, and I don't want to talk about John Cage, or X dude who has a funny sounding name, for the 5,ooo time. But then, that's why I'm not a progressive, enlightened musician....

Also, what am I doing? It is Friday night. Why am I on the internet.

No comments: