2.24.2007

Dear neo-femenism

I just want to say, I just want to ask, what happened to respect? What happened to rational thinking and respect? Have I been living in a tunnel my entire life? I think something is happening and then someone tries to you-know-what-me. And when I try and say something about it I am just called a feminist. But I'm called it like it is a dirty, inexcusable word. Most of the time I swallow the whole thing. But sometimes I have to ask: If you say you are my friend why do you run away so easily? Why do you invalidate the uncomfortable things? What does my body have to do with my gratitude?

If I have feminist roots, if I listen to feminist songs, if I only sometimes voice feminist opinions, if I cover up my sensitive feelings, does that totally invalidate me when something bad happens? Well, does it?

No comments: