1.27.2007

Three Weeks Has Gotten Me

Here. With a tooth that needs to be extracted because it is so bad I run serious risk of getting permanent brain damage if I don't. Here. Putting my plastic bags of belongings into someone else's room in preparation for the party that's happening here tonight with a keg and drunk people dancing on the couch I am supposed to sleep on. Here. Where all my phone conversations have to take place on the roof or in the stairwell, both of which are cold. Here. Eating cheap Chinese food two days in a row with chicken that tastes like it's not actually chicken. Here. Waiting to find out whether or not I am accepted into an apartment, and if not, starting over again. Here. Looking for jobs and being offered ones that scare the shit out of me, like teaching English at night to a room full of Polish Immigrants by myself. Here. Drinking 32's of Tecate and listening to Man Man every night. Here. Trying to figure out what exactly is going on and wondering, if I don't have complete control of my life, who does. Here. Wishing I had more winter gloves when I go outside. Here. Realizing that about 80% of the female population ages 16-35 are doing that whole tight-jeans-tucked-into-boots-thing. Here. Wishing I had the ability to teleport, and a larger collection of knock-knock jokes.

1 comment:

Starlet O'Hara said...

ever since i first read this post i've been ever more hesitant to wear skinny-jeans with boots. even snow boots.