9.06.2006

Summer Ends

Seagull, Pigeon, or Crow? Seagull, eventhough the crow is more asthetically pleasing.

It reallly feels like Fall now. There is some sort of emotional quality to Fall, which I can never explain, but I can feel it once it happens. Maybe it just has to do with the waning ammount of daylight. Regardless, I know the summer's over now. In lieu of that: my Summer Mix, which is created mostly out of hindsight.

In slightly chronological order:

--Fiery Furnaces "Here Comes The Summer"
--Royksopp "Poor Leno"
--DJ Shadow "Six Days"
--Bjork "Domestica"
--Ghostface Killah Feat. Ne-Yo "Back Like That"
--Elton John "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me"
--Peeping Tom "Mojo"
--Real Life "Send Me an Angel"
--Beards "We've Got Some Cleaning to do (guys)"
--Rocky Votolato "White Daisy Passing"
--Kate Bush "This Woman's Work"
--DNTEL "Deam of Evan and Chan (superpitcher kompakt remix)"
--Wilco "Passenger Side"
--Broken Social Scene "7/4 Shoreline"
--Daddy Yankee "Lo Que Paso Paso"
--Lovage "To Catch a Thief"
--Vashti Bunyan "Just Another Diamond Day"
--The PLaces "Ode to the Exhausted"
--Ani DiFranco "Bodily"
--Nada Surf "Blond on Blond / Always Love"
--Band of Horses "The Funeral"
--Ryan Adams "The Shadowlands"
--Modest Mouse "Bankrupt on Selling"
--Hole "Violet"
--Mr. Lif "Jugular Vein"
--Chin Up Chin Up "Collide the Tide"
--The Microphones "The Moon"
--Rainer Maria "Situation:Relation"
--That Fucking Nelly Furtado / Timbaland Song
--American Football "Summer Ends"


A sophomore boy came into my room tonight, shook my hand, introduced himself, and asked me for audition advice. Guess I really am a big kid now. The little moments put the larger ones in context. Thank you for that.

I am exhausted but can't sleep, and I have become very good at making a vodka tonic.

Goodnight, Summer.

No comments: