9.03.2006

Back to Bennington. 4 numbers, 1-4.

1. At 7:00 in the morning, if you are still awake, and you have been drinking, go to bed. Stop having conversations. You are done. You will never rationaly make sence. Cash in your chips, save yourself the trouble of navigating a hopeless conversation, and go to bed.

2. When you are in relationships, what you say, and who you say it to, and how you say it is not only based on what you think and feel but also on how your partner thinks and feels, especially about the matter at hand. You are thinking for two. You are not in a poistion to move through social situations with ease and comfort, because whatever you say may or may not stir a reaction from your partner. Tell a friend "check out this crazy shit I did with a Bolivian chick I met once in Cabo,"? No, no. Say to someone "I really hated X movie I saw with my 'sweetie' and it was a total waste of time and here are the reasons why," and your 'sweetie', who loved the movie, will want to discuss this point with you eventhough all you wanted to do was tell a friend it sucked. If you are cold, and bring it up, then there is an argument about how you should have brought your fucking jacket like I told you, why didn't you bring your fucking jacket (see: Dane Cook's commentary on "Nothing Fights"). You can't tell someone of the oposite sex that they look nice (unless they are non-threatening and unattractive), because you're not SUPPOSED to think other people look hot. You can't go on about how much you hate dancing with other people and really only like dancing alone, or in a group-circle-everyone-takes-a-turn-and-shuffles-around situation, because you are supposed to grind up on your man, and he will certainly not feel ok about such sentiments, and you will fight about it more than once (this happened to me. Trust me, it's bad). And, there are countless other things, which I can't bother to think up / remember now. But the thing is, when you are single, none of these things happen. Come over to our side. Welcome to Freedomland.

3. Assholes, fuck off. Leave me alone, change, get out of my life / general vicinity. I am not great at coping with people who act like assholes. Nor should I need to be.

4. I am at Bennington again. I had a little bit of white fear when I showed up. We'll see what happens.

No comments: