6.12.2007

Smoking is Bad For You

I think I'm going to throw up. Right now I don't feel like I'm kidding, though in ten minutes I hope it feels like a joke. This has nothing to do with smoking.

I have read more articles lately on the negative effects of smoking than ever before. People really want you to stop. They tell you you look old and ugly prematurely, get diseased, and then die. Well shit, we should build a colony somewhere where cigarettes just don't exist and then we'll all live to be old and tight skinned and pretty. That sounded bitter. Here's my suggestion: just don't start smoking. And before you think about that choice too much also decide never to read your old letters or look at old pictures or find your past on the internet or in the boxes you packed when you were younger. Even if "when you were younger" means six months ago. Because it's like opening a door to one of the big photo studios in the morning, where, for the rest fo the day the music floods the hallway and pokes at you, sitting in that chair doing nothing, reminding you of the consequences of all your own descisions, and that "my humps" never was and never will be a legitimate song.

No comments: