5.01.2007

I Thought Of College Part One

I'm not saying I came up with every thing that's been done, but that one thing, I'm pretty sure I did that first.

Tonight it rained and rained and there was lightening, and I thought it was beautiful and I wasn't scared because I knew I had so many things to anchor me down, and I wondered if anyone ever gets struck in the city--you only hear about that in places with large open fields, which is anywhere but here, little in-between places with storm cellars and buck fifty gas pumps and women named Cherlene and one black person for thirty miles. I thought the storm was nice. And I didn't complain when I was walking home beneath it. A nice storm in April...

If you can ever realize that you're in something great while you're in it, even if it's only or five minutes, I suggest you take it in for all it's worth, because too many things are complained about and then missed after the fact. Too many people complain about college while they're there, but the secret is, you'll never be able to be so reckless again. Unless you're a millionaire, in which case, please, by all means, complain about everything. You can pay people to listen. We think college lasts for about a half a second, but I'm starting to think that it's our entire lives that happen in half a second...

I slept for almost 14 hours today. I woke up on my day off and thought I had wasted the entire thing, and then I remembered all the years I spent never sleeping much at all, and realized maybe my body was getting its payback. I owe it a lot of hours.

Some place nice to go would be Illinois or Nebraska or Montana. Something nice to do would be watch my friends play music or go ride a horse so hard like it was about to die. Something nice to see would be my room, and my apartment in completetion. Something nice to have would be some money to see my friends, and my sister and my future dog. Something nice to touch would be my future dog, and a pair of bare arms, and cold sheets, and the water in a swimming pool or a lake with a dock. Some nice things to taste would be a warm mouth, and a hot burrito, and a cool glass of wine, and an endless pillow, and a movie moment, and cheap food from a rest stop on the way to something scenic. Something nice to feel would be achievement and completion and acceptance and anticiaption and promise and possiblity and bravery and valdation and high-fives and high elevation and adrenaline and chance and summer breaks and lucky breaks and the sea and hugs from family. Something nice to know you're making it.

Goodnight little world.
Goodnight little memories.
Goodnight little happenings.
Goodnight little dreams.
Goodnight little everythings.

No comments: