10.24.2006

Do You See This Magestic Pegasus? 1998


1. "Brick"--Ben Folds Five. After years of listening to this song you see what everyone was talking about when they said it was about abortion, but for the first few years it just seemed like a downtrodden and relateable song. Oh, the skater boy who has a Jan Sport backpack and a bowl cut doesn't like me. The cool girl with mystery and holiday problems doesn't like Ben Folds neither. Good company.

2. What, exactly is the draw in having pants that bell out far beyond the reaches of your shoe? Is it the amount of rain that accumulates up past the knee when you walk through puddles and how absolutely tiny it makes your feet seem? Pants like church bells, with Stone Temple Pilots quotes across them, and either an inch too long or short, but never just right.

3. One of my favorite things was always sitting in my father's car while he was in some appointment, Shiatzu or something "important", and watching it get dark prematurely, listening to my walkman, and thinking about humans, feeling so grown up when I wasn't.

4. And when I said "ain't" I meant it. I thought I was Country. But I wasn't. I still wasn't City.

5. "And you will take the heavy stuff, and you will drive the car, and I'll look out the window and make jokes about the way things are".

6. Leaps? Sleep leaps?

No comments: