10.27.2006

Dear Lesbian Haircut,

Still can't roll cigarettes. Rolled a good one last night. Smoked it to celebrate. Celebration.

Don't really understand what it is that makes people walk away from conversations when they don't actually want to be left alone. Most people don't pick up and follow.

Sometimes I remember everything at once, and sometimes I'm just as tired as I am wide awake, and sometimes I try to say what I mean and wish I hadn't, and sometimes I don't say anything at all and wish I could speak, and sometimes I wish I was surrounded by dogs, and probably then sometimes I wish I was a dog, and sometimes it's hard to tell if there's someone knocking on my door because the wind knocks it around in the frame so I wind up sitting in my room saying "come in" to no one which is pathetic if you read it the right way, and sometimes I forget that Dolly Parton has had a husband all these years and I wonder who the hell that guy is anyway, and sometimes I want to build a giant looming tent in the badlands and drink dusty water out of mason jars, and sometimes Halloween sneaks up on you and leaves you completely unprepared, and sometimes there are some things you just can't fix and they're not yours to fix and they're no one's to fix, and sometimes it's hard to accept that some things can't be fixed, and sometimes the word "fix" is surprisingly encumbered for only having three letters, and sometimes land locked states can feel like islands, and sometimes I make hints to things I know I shouldn't and no one's picking up on, and sometimes I care too much, and sometimes I can't stop, and sometimes I remember that if the earth was to stop spinning we would all fly off of it uncontrollably and that's scary, and sometimes I hate my vigilance, and sometimes I wonder if I have any, and sometimes I just wish I wrote stories about cotton candy men on Coney island but if I did I don't think even I would want to read them, and sometimes 3:00 seems so late, and sometimes that's when I'm just waking up, and then, other times it's still when I am waking up.

I called my mom this morning and woke her up. I forgot about the time difference.

Missed connections.
Yeah. Different time zones.

1 comment:

Wren McMurdo said...

I will show you how to roll ciggies, darling. When are you coming home?