10.31.2006

Dear Slowing it Down,


I would like to take this opportunity to thank everything that has made me into someone incapable of being calm for long periods of time. Charming.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank high school journals.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank myself for periodically having no skill at dissemination or those from-the-heart-impulse moments they always have on Seventh Heaven.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank hot dogs.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank jokes, because they always have a way of helping you out of saying important things.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank people who don't do what they really want because they're affraid. Thanks for making the rest of us look like assholes. Thanks also, for frusterating those around you.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Halloween. Thanks, Halloween.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank nail bitting. Sleep overs. Jerzy Grotowski. The mess in my room. Plan day. Possibly sentimental grey areas. Alt-country. Running around in circles. Snoring. Uncommitted gestures of kindness. Cartoons. That weird girl outside my window who is squatting on the lawn holding some sort of giant staff. Hippis on blankets. Bugs on hippis on blankets. The long warm hours of the afternoon. Better to be good for something than nothing.

No comments: