6.26.2008

Old Now

Who knew Leslie Nilson had such a beautiful speaking voice.

It was my birthday yesterday. My dad called and said "happy birthday, kiddo," and he also said "I'm so proud of you for turning sixteen." And I said "thanks, buddy, for all that tough teenage support!"
I'm older now, but I don't feel older.

Now today two things have gotten me choked up: an episode of Full House, and one of the Golden Girls. Two things. Both Tv sitcoms. There is something I find both comforting and disturbing about that. It's very nice that I can


8-08
Yeah. I was saying something up there. But now, almost two months later, it doesn't seem all that important. I just am the kind of person that gets weepy about the nostalgia and moral lessons of 80's and 90's television shows. Probably nothing special up there except that something special triggered the "something special" part of my brain, but god knows what that was about. Probably Rose made a comparison to Saint Olaf, and I thought "That is so topical to how things really are today". Or maybe someone talked about teddy bears and I happen to like teddy bears. You know, that kind of thing. If they were talking about hippos, I surely would have gotten choked up.

The Giraffe took me to the zoo on my birthday, and we discovered I am actually quite attatched to hippopotomi.

Also, I have no idea why I thought Leslie Nilson sounded so nice. But Naked Gun is funny.

No comments: